02 September 2011

Labour Day long weekend

Tomorrow Sir Robin (my faithful co-instructor) and I will go camping with friends in a neighbouring province; he is sweetly sleeping while I pack and prepare for yet another long road trip this season. I've lost count of how many miles we've tracked since the end of May, when we headed west for Vancouver, the Island, and home again via Kamloops.

In mid-June we attended a former student's wedding in Medicine Hat, and for six weeks after that I stayed home (mostly in bed with pneumonia). That took care of July! August found us driving through the Rockies again, headed for Vernon, BC, and colourful Kalamalka Lake. The week of R&R with our Fairman friends did me the world of good.

I also met another of my pen pals in person: see next week's Pear Tree post.

And this weekend we're off to ... actually, I have no idea what our campground is called, but I'll write about it upon our return.

Happy Labour Day weekend, wherever you spend it.