26 April 2011

Winning streak!

Remember I wrote about winning some pretty tulip notecards in a random blog draw in March? {Thanks, Carla P at 365 Letters: http://365lettersblog.blogspot.com/}


Then I entered another little contest, since I was having such fun getting to know other letter writers, and Angelia from A Year of Letters: http://ayearofletters.wordpress.com/  chose me as her winner, too:


Last week I commented on a pen pal’s blog (read the full story below):


The Pear Tree’s lovely Lori-Anne Poirier writes:


An admirable blend of quirky and clever, the French butter dish is a tall bowl with a cylindrical lid. The butter is packed into the lid, while a few centimetres of water sits on the bottom of the bowl. It’s a natural way to keep your butter fresh without refrigerating, which keeps it soft and spreadable. ... 

... Recently, a secret source (okay, it was my mum) unearthed a stash of these dishes at a shop, and picked up three of them for me. I am a butter fan (and, ahem, a bit clumsy, it’s true), but that’s more than enough for the Pear Tree House. So I’m going to share one butter dish with an interested reader! ... Just leave a comment below, telling me what you like real butter on, and I’ll randomly pick a name on Friday at noon PST. 

And then, today, most unexpectedly, I found out that I had won the butter dish:

Giveaway Winner Announced!

The randomly-drawn winner of the French butter dish was Elaine M. Phillips! Congratulations! We will be in touch with you shortly to arrange getting your butter dish to you. For everyone else, watch for more fun giveaways down the road. {Thanks, Lori-Anne at http://thepeartree.ca/.}

RP says it’s time I bought a lottery ticket. J